Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Pin It


Get Gadget

Lechetin Recipe

When I was in my first trimester of pregnancy, I've been craving for my mom's Lechetin dessert (a Gelatin and Leche Flan in one). So I made a lechetin for myself. I've tried different recipes and failed. But this one works for me:

     Ingredients:
              ·      4-6 pcs of whole egg or 8 egg yolk
              ·      1 big can evaporated milk
              ·      1 can of water (using the can of the evaporated milk)
              ·      3/4 can of sugar (using the can of the evaporated milk)
              ·      4 sachet of Knox powdered unflavored gelatin
              ·      1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)
              ·      1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

Instructions:
1.    Prepare 2 plastic tupperware
2.    In a large bowl, mix together beaten egg yolks, milk.
3.    In a pan, add water, sugar, and simmer in low fire.
4.    Once sugar is dissolved, add knox gelatin and mix. 
       Do not let it boil.
5.    Remove from pan, and mix all the ingredients.
6.    Pour in the mix on your tupperware.
7.     Let it set and cool in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.


  


















   Try it and let me know how you liked it!



No comments: